What is a PGP passphrase?
By default, your PGP passphrase mirrors your account password, meaning that you use the same password you log in with as your PGP passphrase. The reason for this is because we want to simplify the general complexity of PGP for our users. Since new users will automatically have a PGP passphrase when signing up for a StartMail account, they can immediately make use of PGP, with both StartMail recipients and non-StartMail recipients.
Changing your PGP Passphrase?
- At the top of your StartMail inbox, click on Settings
- In the menu on the left side, click on Encryption
- Select your PGP key pair.
- In the detailed menu that appears, click on Change PGP-passphrase
- Enter your current PGP passphrase as well as a new PGP passphrase, and click on Confirm
- A notification will appear at the bottom of your screen. Congratulations! You have successfully changed your PGP passphrase.