To important your Gmail contacts, first export a CSV file containng your contacts from Gmail, then upload to StartMail.
To export your contacts from Gmail into a CSV file, follow these steps (CSV files allow data to be saved for importing and exporting purposes):
- Log in to Gmail and go to Contacts > More > Export. If you want to import all your contacts or a specific contact group, you don't need to do anything else at this stage. Alternately, you can highlight the individual contacts if you want to import just those specific contacts.
- Select which contacts you would like to upload: you can export by group, export all your contacts or export the contacts you selected in Step 1.
- Select Google CSV as the format to export.
- Click Export.
- Name the file and save it to disk.
To import your contacts from a CSV file exported from Gmail, follow these steps:
- From a web browser, log in to your StartMail account.
- Click Contacts from the top, right corner of your StartMail page, and then select Import.
- Select the Gmail logo from the list of proprietary sources supported by StartMail.
- Click the Choose File button and select the file you exported, then click the Import button.
- A confirmation message will be displayed to list the imported contacts. Click the Continue button to complete the process.
The ability to import your contacts from Gmail will be retested and updated as soon as possible.