Your recovery email address will be used in the event you forget your StartMail password and require assistance from StartMail to reset your password.
To update your recovery email address, follow these steps:
- From a Web browser, log in to your https://startmail.com account.
- Click Settings from the top, right corner of your StartMail inbox page. This will open the "Settings" page.
- In the "Settings" menu, select Account.
- You wil find your current recovery email address in the second line. If you wish to update or remove this recovery email address, click the Change button next to your recovery email address. This will open the "Change your recovery email address" popup. (If you don't already have a recovery email address, click Set recovery address).
- Enter your recovery address in the Recovery email address: text field. (Please note that another StartMail address may be used as a recovery email address. Follow this link for information on using another StartMail email as a recovery address.)
- In the Account password: field, enter your StartMail password (this is the password you use to enter your Startmail account) and click the Change button.
- StartMail will send a verification email to your recovery email address. To verify your recovery address, click the verification link from this email. You may be prompted to log in to your StartMail account if you are not already logged in. (If you don't see an email from StartMail, in your recovery email account, please make sure to check your junk/spam folder. Also, double check whether you have entered the right email address).
- To see that your recovery email address has been verified, go back to Settings > Account, and look for the green check mark image next to your recovery email address. (A red exclamation point image indicates that your recovery email address has not been verified and will not receive a password recovery link).
WARNING: If you forget your password and do not have a recovery code or verified recovery email address, your StartMail account will not be recoverable. This is a security feature. StartMail may not be held liable for any damages or losses arising from your loss of or failure to remember your password.
Note: If instead of a recovery email address, you wish to use a recovery code, please read this article for more information.