Before you can add your StartMail account to your email client, you first must enable IMAP access in the StartMail settings.
Follow this link to enable IMAP access in StartMail before returning to the steps below.
- Open Opera Mail. If prompted, select Email from the list of kinds of accounts.
- Please fill out the following fields and click Next.
- Real name: Enter the name you wish to appear when someone receives your email.
- Email address: Enter your StartMail emailaddress.
- Organization: This is field is optional.
- Enter the following:
Login name: Enter your StartMail emailaddress.
Password: Enter the password shown in the Add device password popup. (Note: this is not the same password you use to enter your StartMail email account).
Lastly, select IMAP as the email account type and click Next.
- Fill out the following fields from the Add device password popup:
- Incoming server: Use the info under IMAP > Server hostname
- Outgoing server: Use the info under SMTP > Server hostname
Then select both of the Use secure connection (TLS) boxes and click Finish.
- In Opera Mail, select (Tools) > Mail Accounts from the menu. Select your StartMail account and click edit.
- Under the Servers tab, enter the corresponding port numbers from the Add device password popup in StartMail - 993 for incoming and 587 for outgoing. Make sure all of the fields are filled out correctly and click OK.
- It may take a few minutes for all of your email to load into Opera Mail.
- If you have been unsuccessful, take a moment to recheck all the information you entered, especially information found in the Add device popup that was generated when you first enabled IMAP access.
- Follow this link for some common troubleshooting tips for setting up StartMail with your email client.
- Previously, users with IMAP connections had a two letter prefix in the "Server hostname" fields. While those configurations will work, the two-letter prefix is no longer needed.