How to set up your StartMail account in Microsoft Windows Phone 8
Last modified on 07 June 2018 03:12 AM
Before you can add your StartMail account to your email client, you first must enable IMAP access in the StartMail settings.
Follow this link to enable IMAP access in StartMail before returning to the steps below.
To add StartMail as an IMAP account in Microsoft Windows Phone 8, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings page
2. From Settings, tap email+accounts
3. Click add an account
4. Select other account
5. Enter your complete email address and the password from the Add Device popup in StartMail
6. You may receive a warning that "We couldn't find the settings for the account information you entered." If so, tap try again.
7. Click advanced when it appears.
8. In Advanced Setup, tap Internet email
9. Enter or copy and paste the following details from the Add device pop-up:
10. Make sure the following options are enabled (make sure and tap Advanced settings to reveal the latter two options):
11. Choose how often your device will check for new emails using the Download new content drop-down menu.
12. Choose how much of your mail history will be kept on the phone using the Download email from drop-down menu.
13. When complete, review your choices. If everything is completed correctly, tap sign in to begin using your StartMail account.
14. You will be returned to the email+accounts Settings page. You should see StartMail listed as an account.
15. When you return to the home screen, an icon for StartMail will be added. You can tap that to begin sending and receiving email through this account.
If you have been unsuccessful, take a moment to recheck all the information you entered, especially information found in the Add device popup that was generated when you first enabled IMAP access.
Follow this link for some common troubleshooting tips for setting up StartMail with your email client.
Still haven't found the answer to your question? Click here to contact support.