How to set up your StartMail account in Microsoft Outlook 2013
Last modified on 07 June 2018 08:06 AM
Before you can add your StartMail account to your email client, you first must enable IMAP access in the StartMail settings.
Follow this link to enable IMAP access in StartMail before returning to the steps below.
1. If you are shown a "Welcome to Outlook 2013" screen, click Next.
Go to the File menu and click "Add Account."
2. Choose "Yes" and click Next.
3. Select "Manual setup or additional server types" and click Next.
4. Select "POP or IMAP" and click Next.
5. Provide the following:
Please use the information from the "Add device password" popop, which you have generated when adding IMAP to your StartMail account. If you do not have IMAP set op yet, please follow the instructions given here.
Server Information (your servers will differ from the screenshot - consult the Add device popup)
Select "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)"
Click More Settings.
6. In the Outgoing Server tab, select "My outgoing (SMTP) requires authentication" and below, select "Use the same settings as my incoming mail server."
7. Under the Advanced tab, enter the following information:
You will now return to the Add Account screen. Click Next.
8. Outlook will now test our account. Once Outlook has confirmed your settings, click Close.
9. On the "You're all set!" screen, click Finish.
- If you have been unsuccessful, take a moment to recheck all the information you entered, especially information found in the "Add device password" popup that was generated when you first enabled IMAP access.
Still haven't found the answer to your question? Click here to contact support.