How do I set an alert message to notify me of incoming email from one StartMail account to another StartMail account?
Last modified on 28 August 2017 07:41 PM
For security reasons, it is not possible to log in to more than one StartMail account at the same time using the same browser. As a consequence, the process of setting an alert message from one StartMail account to another StartMail account requires a few extra steps. If you want to set an alert email to notify you at one StartMail account of incoming email arriving at another StartMail account, please follow these instructions.
1. Go to https://startmail.com and log in to StartMail ("Account A") and go to Settings > Account > Alert me at: and enter the email address at which you would like to receive a notification (let's call this "Account B") once a new email arrives in the Inbox of Account A.
Click Save changes at the bottom of the screen when you are finished.
2. A confirmation email will be sent to the email addressed entered in Step 1 (Account B).
3. Go to the confirmation email you received in Account B.
Since this is another StartMail account, you will need to first log out and then log back in under that account.
4. Click on the link that says "Confirm this notification email address," which will take you to an error message that will display if you have elected to receive nofications at another StartMail email address.
5. Copy the error message URL in your browser's address bar by highlighting it and pressing CTRL+C (or Command+C on a Mac) or right-clicking the link and selecting "Copy link address." Log out of StartMail Account B.
6. Log back in to the StartMail account from which you want the alerts to be sent (Account A), paste the confirmation link into the address bar by presssing CTRL+V (or Command+V on a Mac) and press Enter/Return. This will confirm that you want to receive your email alert notifications at your other StartMail account (Account B).
Still haven't found the answer to your question? Click here to contact support.