When signing up for StartMail, you are asked to provide a recovery email address. StartMail uses this address to send you a recovery link, in case you forget your password.To learn more about recovery email addreses, please click here.
You can use any email you'd like as your recovery email address. However, if you wish to use another StartMail email address as your recovery email, you will have to take some additional steps. It is not possible to log in to more than one StartMail account at the same time using the same browser. You can either decide to use two different browsers, or follow the instructions below:
- Log in to StartMail (let's call this "Account A") at https://startmail.com
- Go to Settings > Account > Recovery email address
- You have three different options:
- If you wish to change your recovery email address, select Change, and, in the "Change your recovery email address popup," enter your new recovery email address (let's call this "Account B") and click the Change button to confirm.
- If you don't already have a recovery email address, click Set recovery address and enter your desired recovery email address ( let's call this "Account B")
- If you wish to keep the same StartMail recovery address click Send another confirmation message at the top of the page.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the screen when you are finished.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address entered in Step 1 (Account B).
- Go to the confirmation email in Account B. If this is another StartMail account, you will need to first log out from Account A and then log back in under that account (Account B).
- Select the confirmation link in the email and copy the link by pressing CTRL+C (Command+C on a Mac) or right-click the link and select "Copy link address."
- Log out of Account B (the account you want to set up as your recovery account) and log back in to Account A, paste the confirmation link into your browser's address bar by pressing CTRL+V (Command+V on a Mac) and pressing Enter/Return. (Note: make sure not to go back into your inbox, but stay on the confirmation notification page, and copy and paste the URL here).
- This will confirm your recovery email address setting. A pop-up will appear with a message that informs you that your recovery email address has been confirmed/verified.
- Please consult this article if you forgot your StartMail account password.