How to set up your StartMail account in Microsoft Windows 10 Mail
Last modified on 03 February 2018 10:04 PM
Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system comes with a new mail client, simply titled Mail. Mail is a separate product from Outlook, and so the steps to configure it for use with StartMail differ.
Before you can add your StartMail account to your email client, you first must enable IMAP access in the StartMail settings.
Follow this link to enable IMAP access in StartMail before returning to the steps below. You may find it helpful to keep a browser window with the StartMail IMAP "Add device password" popup open next to Mail, so you can easily refer back to StartMail when needed:
1. Open the Mail application.
2. Select Accounts, and then select + Add Account.
3. In the Choose an account popup, select Advanced setup.
4. In the Other account popup, complete the following fields as directed:
5. Select Sign-in. Mail will attempt to automatically configure your email account, but it will fail as Mail needs to be provided with some additional settings. Continue to select Try again until the popup prompts you to add your account info manually by selecting Advanced.
6. In the Internet email account popup, complete the following fields as directed:
7. Once complete, select Sign-in.
8. Mail will attempt to verify that your StartMail account is configured correctly. If everything is configured correctly, Mail will show an All done! popup, and you can select Done to return to your inbox. Otherwise, you'll need to revise your settings to make sure everything is entered correctly.
9. Your StartMail account will be shown on the left-hand side of Mail, along with your account folders. Select Inbox. In the inbox/reading pane on the right of the screen, you'll probably see a message stating "Not synced yet". To begin syncing your messages, select the sync icon in the top-right of the display. The sync icon looks like two arrows chasing each other in a circle.
10. At this point, your inbox should begin syncing to your system, and you can begin using Mail normally. You can futher customize how Mail synchronizes with StartMail by selecting StartMail under Accounts, and then clicking Change mailbox sync settings. When finished, select Done, followed by Save.
Still haven't found the answer to your question? Click here to contact support.