STOP! Before you can add your StartMail account to your email client, you first must enable IMAP access in the StartMail settings.
Follow this link to enable IMAP access in StartMail before returning to the steps below.
These are instructions for Windows Mail. Click here for Microsoft Outlook 2010, for Microsoft Outlook 2013 , or for Microsoft Outlook 2016 instructions.
To add StarPage to Windows Mail, please perform the following steps:
- Open Windows Mail in Windows 10, and click the wheel at the bottom right to open the Settings menu.
- Select Manage Accounts.
- Select the + Add Account option.
- Scroll down to select the Advanced setup option.
- Click POP or IMAP accounts that let you view your email in a web browser.
- Fill out the field under "Internet email account" by using the information from the "Add device password" popup you have previously generated in your StartMail account. Scroll down to see all fields.
- Email address: fill out your StartMail email address
- User name: fill out your StartMail email address again
- Password: this is the password shown in the "Add device password" popup, and not the password you use to enter your StartMail account.
- Account name: fill out your StartMail email address again
- Send your message using this name: fill out your StartMail email address again
- Incoming email server: imap.startmail.com
- Account type: select "IMAP4"
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: smtp.startmail.com
- Make sure the boxes for Outgoing server requires authentication, Use the same user name and password for sending email, Require SSL for incoming email, Require SSL for outgoing email are all checked
Click the Sign in button when you're done.
- Click Done.
- If your StartMail emails do not automatically appear in Windows Mail, please click the "Sync this view" icon at the top right to fetch your email.
- If you have been unsuccessful, take a moment to recheck all the information you entered, especially information found in the "Add device password" popup that was generated when you first enabled IMAP access.
- Follow this link for some common troubleshooting tips for setting up StartMail with your email client.
- Previously, users with IMAP connections had a two letter prefix in the "Server hostname" fields. While those configurations will work, the two-letter prefix is no longer needed.