In addition to using a web browser to access your StartMail account, you may also add your account to an email client on your mobile device or laptop/desktop. IMAP allows you to synchronize your StartMail account between the web browser and up to five different IMAP configurations. StartMail doesn't offer support for POP3.
To add StartMail to your mail client, follow these steps and then follow the link below that corresponds to your client:
- Log in to your StartMail account at https://startmail.com using your Web browser.
- Click Settings from the top right corner of your StartMail inbox. This will open the "Settings" page.
- In "Settings", click on Mobile/IMAP. The IMAP settings page will appear.
- Make sure Enable IMAP access is checked, and click the Add device button in the Devices section. The "Add device password" dialog box will appear.
- Fill out the following fields:
Device name: Enter a name for your IMAP client (e.g., "Mac Mail")
Account password: Enter the password you use to sign into your StartMail account
Click the green Add device button.
IMAP configuration details for your new device will be shown in an "Add device password" popup as shown below. You will need the information from your "Add device password" popup for step 6, when it comes time to actually setting up StartMail in your email client.
- To find directions to add your StartMail account to your email client, select a link to directions from the following list of supported email clients. Please have the information from Step 5 handy:
iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod)
Microsoft Outlook 2010
Microsoft Outlook 2013
Microsoft Outlook 2016
Windows Phone 8
- Previously, users with IMAP connections had a two letter prefix in the "Server hostname" fields. While those configurations will work, the two-letter prefix is no longer needed.