At StartMail, we highly value the security of your account. Our security features prevent any staff member from accessing your password and this provides an added safeguard against unauthorized access to your email.
While this policy improves the security of StartMail, the consequence is that we cannot recover or reset your password if you ever lose it, unless you have supplied us with a verified recovery email address you can access at all times.
If you have forgotten the password of your StartMail account, go through the following steps:
- Navigate to https://mail.startmail.com/login, enter your Username and click on Forgot your password?
- A recovery confirmation message will be displayed.
- Click on the link in the email you will receive from StartMail (the email will arrive to your recovery email address). Please note that for your security we have stored your recovery key in a fully encrypted format, which requires the keys of two separate StartMail executives to decrypt. As a result, once we receive your recovery request it may take up to 12 hours to approve and release your recovery request before you will receive the recovery email.
- Enter your new password and click on Recover my password
- A notification will appear at the bottom of your screen and you will be redirected to your StartMail inbox.