This article describes the following advanced functions in the three point menu of the editor.
Sometimes you are unsure whether an email is from a given sender or not. A glance at the email's header can help in this case.
- Click on the email you want to inspect.
- Then click on the three horizontal dots in the editor window and open View source.
- Now you can see the email's complete source text. In this case, the email supposedly came from PayPal, but it is not mentioned in the return path.
If this step revealed that it is a so-called phishing email, go directly to Report phishing.
From time to time you might need to print your emails. If you can't find the "Print" function in your webmail interface, be aware this is only available in the "No split" layout.
- Click on the email you want to print.
- Click on the three dots and select Print.
- Confirm in the print window of your browser.
Block this sender
Do you often receive unwanted emails from a certain sender and unsubscribing from their newsletter list has not been successful? Then use this function to create a filter with just one click. It deletes future incoming emails directly, without it going to your trash folder.
- Click on the email whose sender you want to delete directly from your inbox.
- Click on the three dots and select Block this sender.
- Click Block and a filter will be created that will immediately delete the unwanted email in the future.
- If you want to remove the filter at a later time, find the created filter under Settings > Filters and click Remove within the filter.
You have received an email and you are sure that it is a phishing email? Then simply use our "Report phishing" feature.
- Click on the email that you have detected as a phishing attempt.
- Click on the three-dot menu and open Report phishing.
- Confirm that you want to send a copy of the suspicious email to our StartMail Security Team by clicking Report. There is no need to send another message to our Support. Additionally, your spam filter will be trained.