If you want to access your StartMail account through an email client you'll need to create a set of credentials.
Create a device password
- Go to Settings
- Go to Trusted devices/IMAP
- If this is the first device you're setting up, enable IMAP access.
- Click on Add device
- Choose a device name, enter your account password and click on Confirm
- The device information with which you can set up the connection is shown. For security reasons, this is shown only once.
Delete device password
If you no longer would like a certain device to have an IMAP connection to your StartMail account (for example, when your mobile device has been stolen), please follow these steps:
- In your StartMail inbox, click on Settings
- Click on Connected devices/IMAP
- Next to the device you would like to delete its IMAP connection from, click on Delete
- Confirm the action by entering your password and then clicking on Delete