If you want to access your StartMail account through an email client you'll need to create a set of credentials.
Create a device password
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Trusted devices/IMAP
3. If this is the first device you're setting up, enable IMAP access and click ADD DEVICE
4. Choose a device name, enter your email account password and click on ADD DEVICE
5. The device information configuration values which you will enter into your device is shown. For security reasons, this is shown only once so take a screenshot or save elsewhere as needed.
If you no longer want a device to have an IMAP connection to your StartMail account (for example, if your mobile device is stolen), please follow these steps:
- In your StartMail inbox, click on Settings
- Click on Trusted devices/IMAP
- Next to the device you want to delete, click Remove and enter your email account password