Your recovery email address is used to send a password recovery message to in case you lose your password. Please note that without a correct recovery email address we cannot help you in case you lose your password.
- Change your recovery email address
- Important notes
- Why do I sometimes see a recovery email address screen?
Change your recovery email address
- Go to Settings
- Click on the pencil icon next to your current recovery address.
- Enter your new recovery email address and click on Submit.
- You'll get a confirmation message on the email address that you've just entered. Open this message and click on the link inside of it.
- You'll need to confirm the new recovery email address with your account password. Enter your password and click on Confirm.
- Do not use your own StartMail account or an alias address as the recovery address for your account. Because in this case the recovery link will be send to the account that you do not have access to!
- If you have multiple StartMail accounts you can use them for recovering the other account. The steps are the same, but make sure you are not logged in to your other account when clicking the link. You can do this by copying the URL and logging out and then confirming it, or opening a new private window. Additionally, the password of the account you are setting the recovery address for is used (listed first in the last screen).
Why do I sometimes see a recovery email address screen?
We will occasionally show you a reminder to confirm or set a recovery email address when you log in to your account. We do this to confirm that:
- You have set a recovery email address.
- The recovery email address is still accurate.
We show this to remind you of your recovery email address or codes and help keep it current. While we know this might be a little annoying, without a confirmed or correct recovery email address, we cannot reset your account password for you!