Your recovery email address is used to receive a password recovery link in case you lose the password of your StartMail account.
It can take up to 6 hours before you receive your recovery link into your recovery email address.
How to add or change your recovery email address
- Go to Settings.
- Click the toggle next to Recovery email address or if you already have one, click on Change recovery email.
- In the pop-up modal, enter the email address you want to use as your recovery email address, and your StartMail account password and click on Submit.
- Open the mailbox of your recovery email address and open the link that is in the email.
- Confirm the action with your StartMail account password to complete the process.
Using another StartMail address for recovery
If you have more than one StartMail account and want to use the other account as recovery this is possible. However, as you can only be logged in to one account at once, special steps are required.
AccountA = The StartMail account you're configuring the recovery address on.
AccountB = The StartMail account you're setting as the recovery address.
- The first steps are the same as above. In Step 4, you're logged in to AccountB and instead of clicking on the link directly, you copy the link to your clipboard.
- You now log out of your AccountB (or alternatively open a private window or another browser.)
- You now paste the link in your address bar.
- Confirm this action with the password of AccountA.