You can send from your alias address with an email client.
- You've set up the IMAP connection towards your StartMail account
- You've created the alias that you want to configure
Instructions for email clients
- Open Thunderbird and go to Tools > Account Settings.
- Click Manage Identities.
- Click Add to add your email alias.
- Enter the following details:
- Your name. This is the name your recipients will see when you write them a message using your alias.
- Email Address. Your StartMail alias.
- Reply-to Address. Your StartMail alias.
If you like, review and adjust the settings within all the available tabs (Settings, Copies & Folders, etc.)
- Click OK. You have now added your alias to Thunderbird.
- From the Write window, click the From: field.
- Select your alias from the list.
Apple Mail (macOS)
- In OS X Mail, go to Mail > Preferences (or just enter ⌘, in the Apple Mail client). The "Accounts" popup will show.
- In the "Accounts" popup, make sure the Account Information tab is select, and then click on your StartMail email account.
- Select Edit Email addresses...
- Click on the + (plus) icon to add a new email address and name. Enter the emailaddress for your alias and click OK.
Note 1: The email address must exactly match one of your previously defined aliases - otherwise, Mac Mail will not be able to send messages using that alias.
Note 2: If you do not want your name associated with your alias, you must delete or alter the "Full Name:" field.
- To send an email from your email alias, simply start a new email, and select your alias in the From field.
Apple Mail (iOS)
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and then select your StartMail account.
- Tap your StartMail Account again.
- Tap Email.
- Tap Add Another email. Enter your alias and tap return, followed by Account in the upper lefthand corner, and then Done in the upper right.
IMPORTANT: If you do not want your name associated with your alias, you must delete or alter it from the screen above using the "Name:" field, otherwise Mail will automatically use whatever personal name you originally entered.
- To send an email using your alias, compose a message as normal and then tap the Cc/Bcc, From: field
- Then tap the From: field
From the selector at the bottom of the screen, scroll until your alias is highlighted, and then tap on it.