You can send from your alias address with an email client.
- You've set up the IMAP connection towards your StartMail account
- You've created the alias that you want to configure
Instructions for email clients
- Open Thunderbird and click on the three horizontal lines at the upper right of the main window and select Account Settings.
- Click on Manage Identities at the bottom right. On smaller windows you may need to scroll down. If you have multiple accounts, you may need click on your StartMail email address in the left menu.
- Click Add to add your email alias.
- Enter the following details:
- Your name. This is the name your recipients will see when you write them a message using your alias.
- Email Address. Your StartMail alias.
- Reply-to Address. Your StartMail alias.
If you like, review and adjust the settings within all the available tabs (Settings, Copies & Folders, etc.)
- Click OK. You have now added your alias to Thunderbird.
- From the Write window, click the From: field.
- Select your alias from the list.
Apple Mail (macOS)
- In OS X Mail, go to Mail > Preferences (or just enter ⌘, in the Apple Mail client). The "Accounts" popup will show.
- In the "Accounts" popup, make sure the Account Information tab is select, and then click on your StartMail email account.
- Select Edit Email addresses...
- Click on the + (plus) icon to add a new email address and name. Enter the emailaddress for your alias and click OK.
Note 1: The email address must exactly match one of your previously defined aliases - otherwise, Mac Mail will not be able to send messages using that alias.
Note 2: If you do not want your name associated with your alias, you must delete or alter the "Full Name:" field.
- To send an email from your email alias, simply start a new email, and select your alias in the From field.
Apple Mail (iOS)
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and then select your StartMail account.
- Tap your StartMail Account again.
- Tap Email.
- Tap Add Another email. Enter your alias and tap return, followed by Account in the upper lefthand corner, and then Done in the upper right.
IMPORTANT: If you do not want your name associated with your alias, you must delete or alter it from the screen above using the "Name:" field, otherwise Mail will automatically use whatever personal name you originally entered.
- To send an email using your alias, compose a message as normal and then tap the Cc/Bcc, From: field
- Then tap the From: field
From the selector at the bottom of the screen, scroll until your alias is highlighted, and then tap on it.