This step by step guide will help you set up a connection to your StartMail account in the K-9 Mail application for Android.
- Go to the Settings page in K-9 Mail and tap Add Account.
- Enter your StartMail email address and your device password and tap Next. Please note that this is not your regular account/login password, but a sixteen character password you generate on the Settings page in your account. Please consult this article on how to create it: Configure a trusted device / IMAP password
- Select IMAP as account type.
- All settings should be filled in automatically, tap Next.
- All settings should be filled in automatically again, tap Next.
- Optionally change the poll frequency or number of messages shown per page, then tap Next.
- Optionally give the account a name and set your display name, finally tap Done.
Your account should be successfully configured in K-9 Mail now. For more information on how to use K-9 Mail, consult their help pages.