In this article you will learn how to create a StartMail account.
Important: After you have created a StartMail account, please set up a recovery address and confirm it as well or generate a one-time recovery code. Your account can only be recovered with a validated recovery method in case you lose or forget your password.
To create a StartMail account, go through the following steps.
- Navigate to startmail.com, scroll down and click on Create free trial account (our trials are for Personal accounts and not for Business accounts).
- Fill in your desired StartMail email address. It will automatically indicate if the email address is still available.
- Optionally you can set a display name. This is the name your recipients will see when they receive a message from you.
- Fill in your password twice for your new StartMail account.
- There is not a predefined number of characters or special characters that your password should require. It is required to set either a Good or Strong password; it will automatically indicate the password strength when you are entering it.
- Click on the button Next.
- An additional screen is shown with an explanation of why we need your payment details. Learn more about why this is required or click on Next to proceed.
- Select your billing country from the list of countries and click on Next.
- Enter your card details (or select PayPal) and click on Next. If you want to pay with Bitcoin instead, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will need to wait a few moments while your account is being created. This is indicated by a progress bar:
- You are redirected to your Inbox and have full functionality of your StartMail account!