Change is hard! But changing your email address doesn’t have to be. We recommend the following steps to switch from your current email provider to your new StartMail account:
- First you should export messages from your current email account to StartMail. To do this, use our Email migration tool or transfer them through IMAP and an email client.
- Afterwards import your address book into your StartMail contacts. This can also be done with our Email migration tool but you can also import your contacts through a vCard-file.
- The next step is sending an email to all the contacts in your address book. Let them know your new email address!
- It might be helpful to set up an auto-responder or a forwarder at your previous email provider, if they offer that function.
- Your last step should be updating your contact information on websites that contain your old email address. The new address you may want to enter for that purpose could be an alias.
Now it's up to you: either close your old email account after a certain period of time or just keep it. You may also want to use it as a recovery address in case you forget your StartMail password.