To set up your StartMail account in Apple Mail, follow these instructions. Please make sure that you already enabled the IMAP function in your StartMail settings.
- Open Apple Mail, open the top Mail menu, and then select Add Account....
- Select the Other Mail Account... option
- In the "Add a Mail Account," dialogue box, you will have to enter the information shown in the “Add device password” pop-up that you received in your StartMail settings on top of this article.
- Name: Enter your desired display name. This name will be shown in the emails that you send.
- Email Address: Enter your full StartMail email address.
- Password: Copy and paste the device password from the Add device popup. It is shown in bold at the top of the popup, then click Sign In. (Your regular login password to access your StartMail account over the web will not work).
- In the next dialogue box, it will show you a warning that it could not verify your account settings. This is expected. Please fill out the information as mentioned below:
- Email Address: Your StartMail email address will automatically appear, based on the information filled out in the previous dialogue box.
- User Name: Your full StartMail email address should be entered.
- Password: Mail will automatically fill out your password, based on the information entered in the previous dialogue box.
- Account Type: Make sure this is set to IMAP.
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.startmail.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.startmail.com
Click Sign in to continue.
- You will now see the box "Select the apps you want to use with this account". Make sure, Mail is selected, and click Done.